Creating Your First Facebook Ad- A Simple Walkthrough
If you feel technically challenged and nervous about creating your first Facebook ad for your local business, this article will walk you the process step by step.
- Login to your Facebook account or create one for free if you don’t have one.
- Click on the ‘create an ad’ link that is displayed next to the ads on your Facebook page.
- Design your ad.
- Enter the URL of the page or website you want people to land on once they click your ad.
- Type in the headline or title of your ad limiting it to 25 characters.
- Type in the body text of your ad, up to 135 characters.
- Browse for the image you want to use. Make sure you have resized your image to 110 by 80 pixels and saved it on your computer. This will make it faster to upload. If you haven’t resized it yet, Facebook will do that for you.
- A preview of your ad will be generated. Make any changes if you want to now.
As you input data, Facebook will automatically display the estimated number of people your ad will reach on the right hand side of your screen.
- Location: specify a country or countries and cities, states or provinces.
- Demographics- the age and sex of your target market.
- Likes and interests.
- Advanced targeting-click on this link and you have more options such as birthdays, relationship status, interested in men or women, languages, education, workplace.
- Campaign price and scheduling section.
- Enter campaign name.
- Specify your budget and if you want a lifetime campaign or a daily campaign.
- Choose the date and time for your campaign and if you want it to start today.
- Choose between CPC (cost per click) or CPM (cost per mille/ a thousand views) and state how much you are willing to bid.
- Review your ad and pay.
You will get a review of your ad and be able to pay via credit card or PayPal.